Even though they do not have the equivalent lifespan of either rubber roofing or a tiled roof, Felt roofs are still considered strong and durable, with an expected lifespan of over 20 years. However, to get the most out of your felt roof, you should perform maintenance regularly on it.
- Check your roof every few months: The most important thing to look for after a downpour is how effectively the water is draining from your roof. If you notice pooling or ponding, it could be a sign of drainage problems which can lead to leaks.
- Avoid damage to the surface: Most flat roofs are not meant to have people walking on them. Please don’t walk on your roof or use it as a staging area for mechanical repairs where it is likely to suffer from surface damage.
- Have your roof inspected every year: The best way to prevent damage to your roof is to have your roof inspected by a professional regularly. They will be able to spot any problems before they occur, saving you time and money in the long term.
- Repair and fix the problems early: Leaks and damages are always more costly and problematic once they occur. Should an inspection highlight any issues, it is important that that you have them taken care of swiftly to prolong your roofs life. Common, easy to fix problems include punctures, worn coatings and open seams. We provide a quality service for fixing roofs in Dublin.
- The cost price of repair vs replacement: As much as it is worth repairing problems to prolong the lifespan of your roof, it is important to know when a roof has had its day. When a roof is beyond repair or repairing the roof would only delay the inevitable, it is definitely more appropriate to replace your roof altogether.
Click here to learn about the best type of options for a flat roof or learn about our torch on felt and flat roofing services in Dublin; alternatively, contact our team on 01 264 6790 to talk with one of our specialists.